On 1 June 2018, the track & trace experiment for footwear using digital Data Matrix codes commenced in accordance with Resolution No.
Within the scope of the experiment, a project expert group for marking was created as part of the
On 7 June 2018, the Ministry of Industry and Trade of Russia held a meeting of the project expert group. Based on the results of the meeting, decisions were made to develop and approve the Plan of Activities for implementation of the experiment.
The Center for Research in Perspective Technologies has conducted presentations of the equipment which is planned for use in the process of ordering, marking and remarking footwear, as well as for operations at the labelling and marking centers, etc.
|Deputy Director for Commerce of the Production and Commissioning at Technoavia Firm LLC||Natalya Shulyak|
|Chief Specialist for Legal Support and Strategic Projects at BELWEST LLC||Valery Bobyshev|
|Director General of BELWEST LLC||Yuri Sumaneev|
|Head of the IT Department at PARIZHSKAYA KOMMUNA Moscow Footwear Factory CJSC||Sergey Anikin|
|Deputy Director General for Production Complex Management at PARIZHSKAYA KOMMUNA Moscow Footwear Factory CJSC||Ivan Tatarchuk|
|Marketing Director at YEGORYEVSKAYA Footwear Factory (Yegoryevsk-obuv JSC)||Andrey Kapusta|
|Director General of YEGORYEVSKAYA Footwear Factory (Yegoryevsk-obuv JSC)||Sergey Sorokin|
|IT Director at AXA (Triol LLC)||Aleksandr Senko|
|Financial Director at AXA (Triol LLC)||Pavel Vereschinsky|
|President of AXA (Triol LLC)||Irina Lavrukhina|
|President of MAKFINE (GoldShoes LLC)||Armen Avetisyan|
|Director for Development and Production at ANALPA (Obuv-Stil Design Bureau LLC)||Sergey Shatalov|
|Managing Partner of ANALPA (Obuv-Stil Design Bureau LLC)||Aleksandr Khakhanyan|
|Director of Foreign-Economic Activity and the Logistics Department at AVENIR (Avenir LLC)||Anatoly Bakhtin|
|President of AVENIR (Avenir LLC)||Elena Petrova|
|Director General of KARI (KARI LLC)||Nikolay Polyakov|
|Deputy Chairperson of the Committee for Labour Protection and Maintenance of Labour Potential of Business Russia||Elena Makhinya|
|Director General of the National Footwear Union||Natalya Demidova|
|IT Director at EKONIKA (Esperans LLC)||Kirill Mityushkin|
|Vice President at Novard Group of EKONIKA (Esperans LLC)||Sergey Sarkisov|
|Lead Analyst at SPORTMASTER||Alexey Timchenko|
|Process Engineer at ZENDEN (Dom Odezhdy LLC)||Igor Bely|
|Managing Partner/Director of ZENDEN Retail Chain (Dom Odezhdy LLC)||Aleksandr Sarychev|
|Deputy Director General of KARI (KARI LLC)||Alexey Gordeev|
|Advisor of the Department for Development of Domestic Trade, System of Digital Marking of Goods and Legalization of Goods Circulation||Valeriya Valeeva|
|Head of the Division for Interaction with State Authorities in the Sphere of Preventing Illegal Turnover of Industrial Goods of the Department for Development of Domestic Trade, Track&trace Digital System and Legalization of Goods Circulation||Oleg Tukhvatullin|
|Deputy Director of the Department for Development of Domestic Trade, Track&trace Digital System and Legalization of Goods Circulation||Irina Ivanova|
|Head of the Customs Regulations Committee of the Retail Companies Association||Anna Orlova|
|Deputy Director of the Department for Development of Domestic Trade, System of Digital Marking of Goods and Legalization of Goods Circulation||Aleksandra Rasstrigina|
|Member of the Presidium of the Retail Companies Association / Chairperson of the Consumer Market Regulation Committee||Vladimir Isaev|
|Director of the Department for Development of Domestic Trade, Manufacturing and Consumer Market of the Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation||Evgeny Ryzhov|
Focused on developing and selling equipment and software solutions for front office automation for chain and independent (food and
Solutions for effective trading. When developing equipment, our engineers rely upon the results of business process studies conducted at various stores.
Leading Russian developer and manufacturer of
Offers a wide range of services: from repair and maintenance of mobile data collection terminals to leasing out and selling
An online cash register and web service for business management.
Supplier of equipment for automatic data identification (Auto ID), printing and
Develops programs for retail trade, creates and implements cash register solutions, supplies shop equipment for top global companies.
An accredited fiscal data operator.
The first fiscal data operator for reliable storage and quick transmission of receipts to the Federal Tax Service as per Federal Law
Develops programs for executives and accountants that facilitate interaction with the government and contracting parties, simplify internal processes, and help to manage
IT company, integrator, SaaS provider, developer of digital services and automation services for a wide range of business processes of legal entities.
International provider of
A company dealing in information technologies.
Development and implementation of
A fiscal data operator created at a subsidiary of
Director General of Kari
«According to an evaluation conducted by RBС, every second pair of shoes in Russia these days is sold in violation of laws. This footwear is of unclear origin, made from unknown materials and does not have certificates.
Marking is probably the only solution that can change the situation on the market relatively quickly and practically. This is the reason why we completely support the decision of the Government to implement track & trace for footwear, and why we were some of the first to take part in the experiment»
Director for Communications at ZENDEN Group
«ZENDEN Group sees a number of advantages to the project within the federal network of
The project would add to the set of measures aimed at fighting crimes such as the sale of contraband and counterfeit goods»
Project Manager at Analpa
«Mandatory footwear marking will make the market as transparent as possible, both for its participants and for end users.
We commenced preparations for the pilot project last year; in the meantime, all internal projects have been adapted and the necessary IT solutions prepared»
Head of the IT Department at Parizhskaya Kommuna Moscow Footwear Factory CJSC
«The results of implementing this project will be the creation of honest competition between participants of the Russian footwear market due to the reduction in counterfeit products, and optimization of business processes in the Parizhskaya Kommuna Moscow Footwear Factory CJSC group of companies, starting with footwear production and ending with sales at dedicated stores»
1. Submit an application to participate in the experiment on the Chestny ZNAK website
2. An experiment participant must:
3. Experiment participants who conduct retail sales, including of footwear received from private individuals, and who are not individual entrepreneurs (with the exception of goods that had been previously purchased and later returned by private individuals who are not individual entrepreneurs), as well as experiment participants to whom the requirements for the use of cash register equipment apply, as per Federal Law No.
In accordance with Resolution No.
In accordance with the Resolution No. 620 of the Government of the Russian Federation dated 30 May 2018, the pilot project for footwear marking was launched on 1 June 2018. It will last until 30 June 2019. The operator of the track & trace system has appointed a subsidiary of the Center for Research in Perspective Technologies, CRPT Operator, which was created to implement the Unified national track & trace digital system known as Chestny ZNAK.
To take part in the experiment, the following is necessary:
To mark footwear, identification tools with marking codes will be used to apply a
The composition of the marking code comprises:
1) global trade item number (GTIN), 14 digital symbols;
2) individual serial number of the goods, which is generated by the Track & trace IS operator or the economic agent, 13 symbols of the digital or
3) Foreign Economic Activity Commodity Classification of the EEU, 4 first symbols of the
4) verification key, provided by the Track & trace IS operator as a part of the verification code, 4 symbols;
This method of footwear marking makes it possible to store and use the marking code as a
The identification tools with marking codes are generated centrally within the Chestny ZNAK unified track & trace system in the form of a
After an economic agent becomes an experiment participant, the CRPT team will provide and adjust the operation of emission recorders — the equipment for ordering and generating marking codes. The Track & trace IS operator provides the equipment at their own expense and carries out
Most economic agents already have partners able to print a
During the voluntary experiment, the traceability service is offered free of charge. Later on, the cost of the operator’s services for generating a marking code and subsequently tracing the goods will be determined by the Government of the Russian Federation. At present, the cost of the operator’s service is evaluated at 50 kopecks per unit of goods.
At present, a code is issued online every second. During peak load periods, minimal delays may occur (up to 30 minutes).
To order a code, you need to indicate the GTIN (you can get this from GS1 by describing the product’s properties: manufacturer/importer, footwear type, product name on the label, upper materials, sole, lining, size, colour, etc.), serial number (if generated by the economic agent), Foreign Economic Activity Commodity Classification codes, methods of delivery of the generated code. You can find more about the information to be submitted to the Track & trace IS by economic agents in order to receive a marking code, as well as during the circulation of goods, in the guidelines for the experiment on the Chestny ZNAK website:
The GTIN is issued by GS1. CRPT is considering the possibility of setting up business processes for participants in such a way that goods are described only once, and all market players and importers would use a single GTIN for the same product.
Introduction of goods into circulation:
• For Russian manufacturers, a product is introduced into circulation by submitting data to the Track & trace Information system (IS MP) after manufacturing and marking and before the commencement of its circulation (product circulation — its delivery to the territory of the Russian Federation, its storage, transportation, receipt and handover, including their purchase and disposal (sale) within the territory of the Russian Federation).
• For importers, a product is introduced into circulation by submitting the data to the Track & trace Information system (IS MP) before the marked goods undergo customs procedures; after customs procedures are completed and a permit is obtained to bring the marked goods into the territory of the Russian Federation, the product is considered to be introduced into circulation.
Removal of goods from circulation:
• Selling the goods to the final consumer at a store through the online cash register, generating a receipt for tax purposes with a marking code, transferring data on the removal of goods from circulation to the Track & trace Information system (IS MP).
• Purchasing goods for purposes other than subsequent realisation (sale) (e. g. sale of
• In case of export — the goods are removed from circulation after they cross the border of the Russian Federation, having passed through customs procedures.
Importing companies are responsible for marking goods until they are submitted to customs procedures. The goods delivered for actual customs control must have identification tools and marking codes in the form of a
LMC is an organization authorised by the operator of the Unified national track & trace digital system to produce labels with
The principal goal of LMC is to provide manufacturers and importers with a simple method of marking by applying labels manually or using
LMCs for marking imported goods will be available outside of the Russian Federation and allow foreign manufacturers to order a label with a digital code if they do not have the necessary printing equipment installed.
It is necessary to mention that goods labelling and marking centres are not opened by the Centre for the Development of Perspective Technologies. It is a free market, not regulated by an operator.
Advantages of using LMC services:
For Russian economic agents:
• There is no need to conduct software integration and validation with Chestny ZNAK system.
• The marking process is simple, but requires mandatory validation of the marking code after its application.
• No need to acquire equipment for generation of marking codes with cryptographic protection.
• Receiving a finished product label for marking or remarking goods that are produced or subject to remarking within the territory of the Russian Federation.
• No need to acquire equipment for generation of marking codes with cryptographic protection.
• No need to change the supplier of the finished product label.
• The receipt of a finished product label is an existing business process.
If goods are purchased online from a foreign store for personal use, they do not have to be marked and can be delivered to a private person. If the person who purchased the goods for personal use plans to resell/transfer the goods for the purpose of sale to a legal entity, the goods must be given a marking code and introduced into circulation within the territory of the Russian Federation.
If the buyer has returned goods with an undamaged marking code, then the goods are introduced into circulation again through the Personal Account in the Track & trace system (IS MP) with the old marking code.
If the buyer has returned goods with a damaged marking code, the seller must assign a new code to the goods. This can be done by two methods:
1) Order a code through the central office of a retail sales point by means of the recording system of the retail chain, and have a finished label or marking code delivered to the store to then be printed.
2) The second method is to use a device developed on the basis of online cash registers to
The circulation and storage of unmarked goods will be illegal after 1 July 2019. The supplier must not accept them, because they will not meet the requirements of law.
No, these groups of goods are not in circulation and are not subject to marking.
If you do not have an enhanced, encrypted and certified
The CryptoPro CSP distribution kit can be downloaded at: https://www.cryptopro.ru/downloads/howto?destination=node%2F148.
Detailed instructions for installation of CryptoPro CSP can be downloaded at: https://www.cryptopro.ru/support/docs
The CryptoPro Plug-in is an additional module for your browser that allows it to work with the CryptoPro CSP program. The plug-in can be downloaded at: https://www.cryptopro.ru/products/cades/plugin/
If the registration has been completed successfully, an email will be sent with the participant’s number and link to log into the Personal Account. Follow the link and start working in the Personal Account of the track & trace system.
The reason for rejection is stated in the notification of denial of registration in the Track & trace IS. Eliminate the cause of why you have been denied registration and repeat the registration process.